Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

It's getting close to Thanksgiving and it's making me miss my family back home a whole lot. I would usually have to work on the holidays. (The down side of working at hotels, they never close) And last year I worked every holiday up until Father's Day, so I missed a lot around the holidays. I wish now I would have told them to shove it and been with my family but you got to work. This year will be my first holiday season down here with Darryell's family and I'm starting to stress out a little bit. Well, not so much stress but worrying about how I'll handle the family get togethers. I've met most of the family at one time or another since I've been here but all together in a group....I don't know if I'm ready for that. So to get over those worries, I've moved my thoughts to what the kids will wear. I always made sure my kids always look nice when the go anywhere. Once clothes were picked, I moved to what we're going to take. I don't want to be the family they always asked to bring cup or chips or ice too. My mom always hated that. Since I like making desserts, I'll make a couple desserts. I love baking and this is a way to contribute to the family event. His mom said bring whatever you want, so it's on. I'm hoping for a safe holiday this week and I'm looking forward to the kids having a good holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment