Monday, November 3, 2008

More Wedding Plans

I've come to realize that planning a wedding is so not my thing. I've got books of invitations, cakes, places and all that jazz. I've never considered myself to be the wedding type of gal. So after nights of talking about it with Darryell, we've decided to just throw the planning out the window and plan a trip to Vegas instead. It would work as a honeymoon as well. With this decided, we moved the date back to June.
Our plan is when I file my taxes next year, I'm going to put back enough money for a drive up to Indiana. I'm filing on my own so I would get the shaft when and if some of his past bills take their share. He doesn't want me to get screwed. That way my mom can keep the kids for the week we're gone and I can see my family. Then we'd fly out from Indianapolis. We'd either book a chapel ahead of time or find one while we're there for the week. But we are looking at some Elvis wedding packages. We've found some good deals for plane ticket/hotel rate packages. We looked at having it at Memphis before we settled on Vegas. But for what it would cost to rent the Chapel in the Woods at Graceland, we could pay for our plane tickets and hotel room. And the wedding packages we've looked at weren't that bad at all.
Now I feel relieved to have things figured out. We've both excited about this trip. We're still planning on having a party here for the family. But I'd still have to find somewhere to have it so I can have my drink or two. If not, I guess it'll just be Darryell and me, tispy like the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment