Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Money Hungry People I Work For

I have worked front desk in hotels since I was 18 years old but this place is by far the worst. I understand that we aren't a cheap hotel but when you'd rather only sell 50 rooms out of 146 on a Saturday night over dropping your rate some to sell them, that's crazy. I don't even think this place is worth the rate we sell for. But what really makes me mad is the fact that we pretty much screwed any flood victim that needed somewhere to stay after lossing everything. Our rate was jacked up anyway for Special Olympics but instead of taking a discount off our standard rate for any other day, we took our rate back down to the walk-in rate of $99.99. Which I think is total bullshit to make a point to call the TV station and have them broadcast that we are offering them a discounted rate and when the get here, the totally get screwed. Then Sunday when our rate went back down from $129.99 to the $99.99 you would think our flood victim rate would decrease too. No way in hell with these money hungry idoits. It stayed at $99.99. So none of these people who lost everything were getting any kind of break here. Then I find out some people called for a little old lady who's house was lost and was without money completely because she just paid all her bills and was on a fixed income and didn't have $100 to spare, wondering if we would be kind enough to put her up a couple days and this place turned her away because she had no money. I understand it's a business but what kind of cold-hearted people would take advantage for people in need. And oh my gosh, I would sell rooms to these people with nothing for $79.99 and the reaction from management was like I just shot the Pope. And God forbid if we would have needed any of the rooms we rented for this 'discounted' rate, management would have thrown them out in a heart beat. I wish I was lying or making this shit up but it's another reason I, myself would totally avoid do any business with the Best Western Terre Haute Inn & Suites. I work here and know first hand how our General Manager treats and talks about our guests.
That's the kind of people I work for. Greedy people who only care about making a profit over doing something decent for someone in need. Everytime I collected crumpled dollars from someone who lost everything, I felt sick inside. Maybe I am on another one of my I hate working here rants but none of it felt right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment