Sunday, June 29, 2008

Gwen, Presley and My Crazy Life

Thirty-two weeks down and eight more to go until I'm ready to pop. I'm getting bigger and things are getting a little harder to do. I can barely turn over in bed without making myself have to go to the bathroom. I'm tired all the time but I hardly have anytime to rest. I know the next 8 weeks will be even harder but so worth it in the end. I'm hoping to get the major shopping for Presley warped up within the next couple of weeks. Thanks to his dad. Who seems to be getting more excited about it than I figured in the past months. But maybe that's just how old men are.
With him taking care of those things, it will give me the leave way to take care of Gwen's school clothes (even though she's over loaded with clothes now) and her book fees and supplies for the first grade. And she wants Guitar Hero on Tour for her Nintendo DS. I swear, she wants it. If I wanted it, we'd so get it for Nintendo wii. Of course the only thing stopping me there is that her hands are too small to hold the guitar. But my brother and I are so down for it. I'm taking her to the movies sometime this week. Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda are playing and she'd love to see either of them. It seems we haven't had time to go out and do something, just me and her in a while. I mean we shop but just me and her spending the day out all about her.
I'm thinking of signing her up for dance lessons this fall. She has always danced around the house and loves the dancing reality shows and I figure if that's what she wants to, I'll sign her up. That way she has plenty of time to learn any type of dance she wants too. Plus she'll always have bowling. She's a Fields and that's what we do, bowl.
I decided I am finally going to go back to school. I've thought about it over and over before and took a little bit in Criminal Justice but not enough to even say I did. Time has always been an issue and now it's an even bigger issue with two kids and working full-time but I'm determined not to get myself trapped in a job that's less than what I expect from myself. I've been working behind the desk of hotels since I was 18 years old and worked in a dead end factory for two years and if I want to go anywhere in life or just better myself for my kids, I want to be able to provide for them completely. We are doing pretty good now but it could be so much better if I just applied myself and really got down to business. Maybe not in Criminal Justice but I'm thinking more along the lines of Paralegal studies. And I've always thought about Mortuary Sciences even though it sounds crazy. I have some time to completely think it over and hopefully have it figured out soon.
I go to court on Tuesday over the same crap I went to court over in Fedurary. And even though they were dumb enough not to take my offer for a payment arrangement then, they must want it now. But of course now is way too late and they're just going to have to wait until I'm back to work. How dumb do you have to be to turn down a payment arrangement at tax time? Everyone else got paid but they didn't. It's their own faults.
On Wednesday I go back to the doctor and pick up Gwen's pictures. So I'll let you know how the doctor appointment goes and how the pictures turned out.
I guess that's it for now. I'm at my 'going nowhere' place of employment and I have paperwork to do and an audit to run. What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment