Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tuesday Night

Oh boy, today really seemed to drain me. Last night Gwennie came home from school feeling a little sick. After taking some medicine and a short nap, it was looking like she was going to be feeling better. But she fell asleep before her homework started.......it was to watch some of the Saints football game. It was a pretty decent game even though they lost. I know when Gwen is really sick because of the way she is when she's sleeping. Moans, talks and is very restless. She had a temp of 101.4. So me being the worry-wort mother I am, I say up with her all night. I wanted to make sure I was right there if she needed me. We kept her home from school because she was up most of the night sick. She is feeling a little better now and she's ready to go back to school. She was a little on it today with her being more up beat than the day before. But she's my baby, I can deal with it. What am I supposed to do, lock her outside for being hyper. Oh wait, that's not my style of parenting. LOL.
But with me having gotten even less sleep than I'm used to, I figured today would completely drag and I would fall out before too long. But I guess I work better under conditions like that. I got all the cleaning done, all the laundry, all the dishes and the dishes from after supper, a lot of extra things that needed done but never had the time too and baked a cake. But Darryell cooked dinner for us today, so I can't take credit for that one but the cake was all me. Now I'm sitting here at 11:35 PM with both the kids crashed and you'd think I'd be ready to fall out myself but I'm just as ready to go then this morning. I guess when I was working second and third shifts and doubling back on some days, I'm used to running on empty. I'll probably be up late again, watching the Amazing Wedding Cakes show, thinking of some very untraditional wedding cake ideas or at least some ideas for the wedding itself. Lord knows I'm not so traditional.
Looking at pictures of my friend's kids first time bowling and it made me miss bowling. Bowling is what my family does. Most of us started probably about the time we could walk. Last year was Gwen's first time on a league and she did real good. She was most improved, had the highest game and her team was second place in her division. I'm sure if we went bowling she'd miss her pretty pink ball or her purple one and of course her pink shoes. I haven't bowled in 3 years now and I'm probably a little rusty but hey, I'm a Fields, I know I can redeem myself. LOL
I guess I'll go to bed now. I watched my Bonnie and Clyde movie and now it's on to In the Heat of the Night and after that it's Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. So I guess you could say my night is planned up until the wee hours of the morning. More wedding ideas and finish my letter to my mom will probably be thrown in there somewhere too. Then some sleep and preparing for another day in Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment