Thursday, September 25, 2008

Letter to Grandma

Since we've been here, Gwen has been having so much fun with her new friends and in school. And it seems like I'm always so busy with everytime, that by the time I get around to calling them, it's too late there. Gwen hasn't seemed to miss anyone back home since she's been here. I know she's a kid and was too busy taking it all in to even have time to miss anyone. But yesterday after school, I had her sit down and write letters to her Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Bubby. Being as how it was after school, she had no homework and was just ready to go outside and play with her friends, she rushed through it and didn't take the time I put down all the things she wanted to tell him. But I figured they would think it was great to get anything from Gwen. Then if it's just a few random lines with a huge drawing of her smiling.
But later that night after supper, she was in her room playing the computer, I go in there to tell her it's bath time and she was sitting there crying. When I asked what was wrong, she finally broke down and said she missed her Grandma. So, I call my mom so Gwen could talk to her. I know she misses our family back home but she's starting to make a life for herself here in friends, a new school and more family members. As long as she understands that her family back in Indiana will always be there for her, she'll be fine. And hopefully that means less tears for my baby girl. I'm just glad she finally said how she was feeling, instead of holding it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment