Thursday, September 18, 2008

Meeting the In-Laws

Meeting The In-Laws Current mood: blessed Category: Life
I was so super nervous about meeting Darryell's family. I met his brother Dean when he was working in Terre Haute at the same time as Darryell. I got to know him before I even started seeing Darryell. So, I've always been in with Dean. But I was afraid his family would think I was just like anyone else who messed with him and did him wrong. That's a lot to over come to me.
I met his mom when they came to Terre Haute running from the first storm and she didn't bite, just like she promised. She was what I expected. Just a sweet little old lady who loves her family and her grandbabies to death. So once I was in with Granny, the rest of the family was easier to met.
But on the other hand, when we left for Hurricane Ike, we stayed out his sister Cherri's house. And I met a ton of people all in one day. That day I covered her family, random family friends and his brother James' family. Thankfully, that all turned out well. And the next day at Momma Fish's house, I met his sisters Paula and Kay. I'm getting better at the whole meeting the family thing. And I know there's more to come.
I concluded that his family is pretty decent. I have never meet a family quite like it before. If they know you need something, they're right there to help you or get on the phone with someone who can. I've been offered so many things for the baby, Gwen and myself that it's crazy. I'm glad to be part of such a loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment